PE and Sports Grant
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – has been allocated to primary school head teachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this. A list of possible uses has been suggested.
Buckton Vale has decided to use the money to:
• support and engage the least active children in physical activities
• pay for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
• increase pupils’ participation in the sports and physical activities
• provide places for pupils on before and after school sports clubs
• improve resources to a support the development of the subject
• build up a partnership with Mossley Hollins