Welcome to Year 2 Beech Class Page
Hello and a warm welcome to our class page! I am Miss Woodhouse, the class teacher. Mrs Aitken will help us in class and will also cover my non-contact time.
Don’t forget to follow our class Twitter page @BeechBV for updates of work in class and important messages. This page will also be updated with information so please check regularly.
Children should arrive at school between 8:40 and 8:50am via the Bright Futures gate. Pick up time is between 3:00 and 3:10pm from the same gate.
Sibling pickup is from 3:20pm via the playground. Please follow the one way system around the building via the Reception class gate. If you are using the sibling/childminder pick up, please let the school office know.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions we have had to make changes to some of our day-to-day routines.
- School bags must only be brought into school on a Monday and Friday. They are not required on any other day.
- On a Monday, children will bring home two new reading books. A RWI book to match their phonic group in school and a book banded book to develop fluency and reading for pleasure. Please write the date, title of books and sign each week. I will check and sign reading records on a Monday. Children should be reading daily and will receive a reading dojo for completing this homework. If a child reads one of their own books at home you may also write this in their reading record. You can also access Oxford owl for free e-books online. Again, you can write this in their reading record if you wish. Reading books should be returned on a Monday.
- On a Friday, children will receive their homework for the week. This will be a maths or a comprehension GCP workbook. Please see the contents page to find out the work set for that week. It will be dated next to the page number. Again, children will receive a dojo for completing and returning their homework on a Friday.
- Children should also access Numbots and TTRockstars as part of their homework. Your child’s log in for this can be found on the first page of their reading record. Numbots and TTRockstars will develop our number bonds and timetables which are crucial for maths work. Please try to play regularly. Dojos will be handed out if children complete this homework.
- As part of our healthy school programme we would like to encourage the children to bring a healthy snack to school. Fruit, vegetables, and breadsticks are all advisable and should be fully disposable. These will be kept in coat pockets until playtime.
- Children need a named water bottle with a sports cap. This should be filled at home each day as they do not currently have access to the water dispenser but if drank during the day, staff can refill when needed.
- PE kit must be worn to school on PE days. Plain jogging bottoms and school jumpers can also be worn for added warmth. Our PE days are Monday and Thursday.
- Please ensure that your child has a coat with them every day as we will be outside in all weathers to allow for additional cleaning in the classroom.