WELCOME TO YEAR 1/2 SYCAMORE CLASS PAGE
Hello and a warm welcome to our class page. I am Mr Booth, the class teacher, and we are helped during the week by Miss Howard.
You can find important information here so please check back regularly for updates. You can also find important notices and news on our class Twitter @SycamoreBV.
UPDATE: 14th September 2020
Today your child will bring home two reading books, one Read Write Inc. and the other a book band book to read for pleasure. They will keep the same books for the rest of the week. Please return these books on Monday 21st so they can be changed.
Children should arrive at school between 8:40 and 8:50 via the Bright Futures gate. Pick up time is between 3:00 and 3:10 from the same gate.
Sibling pickup is from 3:20 via the playground. Please follow the one way system around the building via the Reception class gate.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions we have had to make changes to some of our day-to-day routines.
- Children need a water bottle with a sports cap which should be filled at home each day as they do not currently have access to the water dispenser.
- School bags must only be brought into school on a Monday and Friday. They are not required on any other day.
- Reading books are changed once a week on a Monday. Children should be reading daily and reading records should be filled in each time your child reads.
- Homework is handed out on a Friday and returned the following Friday.
- Snacks should be fully disposable and kept in coat pockets until playtime.
- PE kit must be worn to school on PE days. Joggers and jumpers can also be worn for added warmth. Our PE days are Monday and Wednesday.
- Please ensure that your child has a coat with them every day as we will be outside in all weathers to allow for additional cleaning in the classroom.